On 30/04/2009, at 5:49 AM, Stephen Hahn wrote:

* Glynn Foster <glynn.fos...@sun.com> [2009-04-28 03:40]:

On 20/04/2009, at 9:25 AM, Glynn Foster wrote:

Hey all,

I'm starting to pull together the What's New in 2009.06 guide. I'll be
looking through the list of new packages in David's release notes,
along with Cyril's excellent blog which details the changes going into
Nevada. If you have any ideas of what should be covered, send them
through - here's your chance to get involved!

Usually in the past I've tried to focus as much as possible on user
visible features rather than obscure additions to command lines or
similar

http://www.opensolaris.com/learn/features/whats-new/200811/

The new document will likely take the form of the existing one.

For a sneak preview of what's on the list for 2009.06, take a look at

http://www.gnome.org/~gman/opensolaris-whats-new/

Comments welcome - I may have overlooked it. I'll be working to finalize
this during the week and then get posted on opensolaris.com.

 1.  Anytime you mention a package--like SUNWgnome-media-center,
SUNWhamster, etc.--that should be a link to a .p5i file that would
     install the package.

     Similarly, except for the repositories with certificates, a
     mention of a repository should have a link to the repository and
     also a link ("subscribe") to a .p5i file that would add that
     publisher/repository to the system.

     John, Michal, or Shawn may have more comments.

Good idea - makes sense and didn't even think of it while writing about .p5i :)

 2.  Isn't there a laptops page on opensolaris.com for the Toshiba
     systems?  Could we also link to the Laptop community for
     discussions about other laptops?

Yes, I believe so. I decided to call out Toshiba because it was an announcement in between the 2 release dates for 2008.11 and 2009.06, and thought it was worth a mention that 2009.06 should run fine on it. I'll add a link to the Laptop community as well.

thanks for the review,

Glynn