Thanks for suggestions from Sibdas and Padmini.
Certain herbs are very small esp. those observed on the Kas plateau. The
weather conditions are often not very good for photography as it was raining
throughout the day when I photographed this plant. Unfortunately I had to
photograph the flower on the background of the seat cover of my car as you
can observe here. These are annual plants, they live for 15 days or so and
die after that to come up again next year. The leaves are often a pair or so
and the only visible part is inflorescence which is necessary for
identification.Though your views might be correct for most of the species it
may not be possible for all plants and it is expected that one can reply to
the post if he or she has any further information/link/further photographs
showing some other parts of the plant and also comments if any.If not just
enjoy whatever is available.I will certainly try to find if at all I get a
chance to visit the place again.
Satish Phadke

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:56 PM, satish phadke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Dipkadi montanum
> A Liliaceae family member seen amongst a lot of Strbilanthus bushes on Kas
> plateau.
> Satish Phadke
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to