I would say that it does not take that long with the stranglers, at  
least the ones I am familiar with - our local Ficus aurea and F.  
citrifolia. I moved into a house built in the year 1952 in 1998. In  
the front garden, and the front garden of the house next door, were  
identical scenes: fully-engulfed trunks of deceased, moderate-sized  
Melaleuca quiquenervia surrounded by full-size (large) Ficus aurea. I  
have watched them climb down from the top of Phoenix canariensis, and  
it happens more rapidly than you might imagine. I would say it takes  
from 20-50 years for the process to occur, not more than 100.

Barry Stock
Hollywood, Florida, USA


On Sep 30, 2008, at 2:59 AM, Nudrat wrote:

> This process is
> however very slow and takes 100-500 years depending on the species of
> Ficus.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to