Completely agree with Mr.Garg

There was no way one could keep track of the varios messages with some subject 
line(unless off course one has got tonnes of time(which I didnt have,therefore 
I didnt open them at all)

I also suggest ther should be a limit to no of postings per person per day(at 
delhibirdpix,there is limit of 5 per day per person which everybody adheres to)

It is very important for everybody to stick to posting guidelines if the site 
has got to be relevant

Vinod




________________________________
From: J.M. Garg <[email protected]>
To: indiantreepix <[email protected]>
Cc: Padmanabhan Geetha <[email protected]>; Thiruvengadam Ekambaram 
<[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 2, 2009 7:43:52 PM
Subject: [indiantreepix:7016] Numerous postings on a single Indiantreepix link- 
Failure to follow posting guidelines


40 messages have been clubbed in a single thread on Indiantreepix because Thiru 
ji used the same subject line. See 
at: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/640fe8f4a81568da
Now if I link this thread on Indiantreepix Database, it will be very difficult 
for the members & others to find the relevant plant as there are so many on the 
same link.
Same happened with Geetha ji's posting recently- in which it was very difficult 
to find out who has said what & about which picture 
(http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/99e21a9eebaa39c6#)
 & no fruitful discussion was possible.
That is why I have been repeatedly insisting for following the following 
posting guideline:
"7. Numbering for Id requests- DDMMYY+ Initials+ Sl.No. (if more than one on 
same day) to avoid any confusion, clubbing of mails with same subject line on 
the Google group, better linking in Indiantreepix database etc. For example if 
I post an Id request, it will be like ''For Id 060408JM1'', 060408JM2 etc., in 
case it is not like '' Is it Bombax ceiba (Semal)?'' (this is much better) & 
recommended. One may post one or two Id requests a day for better attention & 
feedback."
-- 
With regards,
J.M.Garg
"We often ignore the beauty around us"
Creating Awareness about Indian Flora & 
Fauna:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
For learning about our trees & plants, please visit/ join Google e-group 
(Indiantreepix) http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en




      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to