Thanks Dinesh. It is a Combretum spp. My apologies to Swapna Prabhu.
                            Regards,
                              Neil.

--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Dinesh Valke <[email protected]>
Subject: [indiantreepix:8633] Re: Tinospora sps.
To: "Neil Soares" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Cc: "Swapna Prabhu" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Date: Saturday, February 14, 2009, 10:30 AM



... here are some views of Combretum albidum during different times and 
different habitats. 
I see some views having striking similarity with Kiran ji's plant.
 
For more views: 
http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&w=91314...@n00&q=Combretum+albidum&m=text
 
Regards.
 
 
 


 
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Neil Soares <[email protected]> wrote:






Hi Kiran & Swapna,
    It could be Tinospora malabarica [T.sinensis] but it is definitely not a 
Combretum spp.
Sending photographs of leaves of T.malabaricum [don't have a photograph of the 
flowers] and flowers of C.ovalifolium [C.albidum] for comparison.
                      Regards,
                        Neil.

--- On Tue, 2/10/09, Swapna Prabhu <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Swapna Prabhu <[email protected]>
Subject: [indiantreepix:8479] Re: Tinospora sps.
To: "indiantreepix" <[email protected]>
Cc: "kiran srivastava" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, February 10, 2009, 3:42 PM 





Dear Kiran,

I guess this is Combretum sp.

- Swapna


On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Nudrat <[email protected]> wrote:


Hello

I agree with Dinesh Ji, inflorescence of Tinospora cordifolia is much
more dainty.


On Feb 10, 9:24 am, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kiran, and friends ... I too am eager to know what this gets clarified as.
> I think it may not be *T. cordifolia* ... until now I have
> only seen unbranched dainty pendulous inflorescence; a view of leaf would
> help.
> I have some views 
> athttp://www.flickr.com/search/?w=91314...@n00&q=Tinosporacordifolia&m=...

> Regards.
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:05 AM, kiran srivastava
> <[email protected]>wrote:

>
>
>
> > From Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai, a climber called *Tinospora
> > cordifolia. *Tiny white flowers providing a little splash of colour in the
> > otherwise drying brownscape of the forest. I trust my identification is
> > correct?
>
> > Cheers,
> > Kiran Srivastava
> > Mumbai- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -







-- 
Dr. Swapna Prabhu
Systematic Botanist/ Taxonomist 
Bombay Natural History Society
Hornbil House, Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg
Dr. Salim Ali Chawk
Mumbai - 400 001.
India.






      
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to