It seems unlikely, as the old roosting plant was very tall with a
straight trunk, making it very difficult for snakes to reach their
nest.

On Apr 1, 12:14 pm, Madhuri Pejaver <[email protected]> wrote:
> can it be for avoiding predators like snakes? because so much of excreta , 
> white in colour can be visible during night time.
> if i am not mistaken even bats change their roosting place after 4-5 years
> madhuri
>
> --- On Tue, 31/3/09, sibdas ghosh <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > From: sibdas ghosh <[email protected]>
> > Subject: [indiantreepix:9910] Crowned night heron colony
> > To: "indiantreepix" <[email protected]>, 
> > [email protected]
> > Date: Tuesday, 31 March, 2009, 10:23 PM
> >  I am enclosing 3 pix of crowned
> > night herons. This colony  I followed
> > for a long time. It chose a very big Terminalia catappa
> > tree for many
> > years , may be 6-7 years. Suddenly they changed the day
> > time resting
> > place and opted for a near by Aswatha tree (Ficus
> > religiosa). These
> > trees are not 100 ft. apart, and there is no adjoining
> > water bodies to
> > feed them. I wondered why they shifted. One thing I noticed
> > of course,
> > was that the surroundings beneath the the Terminalia tree
> > became
> > completely white with the droppings of the nesting birds,
> > and nothing
> > grew beneath. I suspect that this is perhaps a natural
> > cycling
> > procedure in the Nature, so that  the place
> > surrounding the Terminalia
> > tree can regenerate once again. I would like to share the
> > observations
> > and invite others' comment.
>
>       Get rid of Add-Ons in your email ID. Get [email protected]. Sign 
> up now!http://in.promos.yahoo.com/address- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to