From: Barry Stock <barryst...@gmail.com>
Subject: [indiantreepix:16484] Re: Adansonia digitata-Baobab fruting at Rani
Baug
To: "rashida atthar" <rashidaatt...@hotmail.com>
Cc: anandkbh...@gmail.com, indiantreepix@googlegroups.com
Date: Saturday, 22 August, 2009, 1:01 AM

Yes, it is a wonderful tree, with many uses. The pulp is quite delicious. I
have a plant-enthusiast friend who spends part of her year in The Gambia. Here
are three shots which show baobabs lining the beach near where she lives. I had
no idea they were salt tolerant, but being this close, they must have some:

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2868594090099843887VmXdDl
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2507122310099843887hTYtlc
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2182948180099843887cwQzlX

Barry Stock