Many Indian books and Flora of Pakistan refer to Ixora fulgens as commonly 
cultivated species. This species has unlike I Coccinea slightly petiolate 
leaves with cuneate base (and not sessile and cordate as in I coccinea) and 
scarlet flowers with nearly 1.5 cm long corolla lobes. Does any colleague have 
a photograph of authentic specimen of this species. Another very closely 
related species is I casei (authentic description of this species is requested) 
with very narrow sharply pointed lobes. Many photographs appear to be mixed up 
in gardens and websites. We need to share our authentic photographs to sort out 
the material. There is a lot of variation in flower colour, shape of corolla 
lobes, but leaves appear consistent: sessile and cordate in Coccinea, rounded 
and sessile or subsessile in I chinensis and petiolate in I fulgens. Corolla 
tube length also shows some consistency.

Gurcharan Singh 

Gurcharan Singh
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to