It is not Cryptostegia, in which follicles are  distinctly ridged or winged. 
Here they are very smooth, obviously Cryptolepis. 


Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College
University of Delhi, Delhi
India
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Devendra Bhardwaj 
  To: Swagat ; indiantreepix ; shubhada nikharge 
  Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 7:24 AM
  Subject: [indiantreepix:17118] Re: Request for ID 260709 Karnala 1


        Hi swagat ji,
        I think it is Cryptostegia grandiflora Or cryptostegia madagascariensis 
.
        Regd
        Devendra

        --- On Fri, 28/8/09, shubhada nikharge <[email protected]> 
wrote:


          From: shubhada nikharge <[email protected]>
          Subject: [indiantreepix:17066] Re: Request for ID 260709 Karnala 1
          To: "Swagat" <[email protected]>, "indiantreepix" 
<[email protected]>
          Date: Friday, 28 August, 2009, 5:47 PM


          Hi Swagat ji,
          fruits of Cryptolepis buchanani 
          common name: wax leaved climber ( leaves are shiny)
          Marathi name : dudh vel
          Family: Asclepiadaceae
          cheers,
          shubhada





----------------------------------------------------------------------
          From: Swagat <[email protected]>
          To: indiantreepix <[email protected]>
          Sent: Friday, 28 August, 2009 11:07:54 AM
          Subject: [indiantreepix:17036] Request for ID 260709 Karnala 1


          Dear all,

          Photos taken at Karnala Bird Sanctuary, Mumbai-Goa highway, 
Maharashtra.
          Date- 26th Jully 2009.

          Thanks in advance.

          ~Swagat
          9223217568
          
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


          -- 
          'I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still 
I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do.' - Helen 
Keller




          Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Yahoo! Messenger. 
Download Now! http://messenger.yahoo.com/download.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------
          See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out 
Yahoo! Buzz
          
       

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to