Thanks Neil-Dinesh.
The pictures match with the discription of Trichosanthus tricuspidata
-family Cucurbitaceae. Ref -- Flora of Maharashtra-Dr.
Almeda-Vol-2-Page-332.
        Flowers of Sahyadrri-Srikant Ingalhalikar-Part I-Page-81.
 Regards,
 Geeta.


On 8/29/09, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hello friends, correcting myself ... read response of Neil ji in some other
> thread; it says:
>
> Hi Geeta,
>   It is the Great Fringed-flower Vine [Trichosanthes tricuspidata] locllly
> called Kaundal. Sending you some of my photographs.
>                            Regards,
>                              Neil.
>
> Regards.
>
>
>
>
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> ... I think it is some Cucurbitaceae member.
>>
>> Could it be bottle gourd, *doodhi* ... *Lagenaria siceraria* ? ... I may
>> be wrong ...
>> At http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Bottle%20Gourd.html the
>> fruit and flower are seen together ... where as in the photograph, I get a
>> feeling that the flowers are loosely held and fall off before fruits are
>> seen.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>>
>>   On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:16 PM, geeta arun <[email protected]>wrote:
>>
>>> Requesting ID of a climber ? Thunburgia from SGNP- photographed near
>>> Kanheri Caves -Mumbai on 23-08-09.
>>> Regards.
>>> Geeta Samant,
>>> Mumbai
>>>
>>>
>>> >>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"indiantreepix" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to