I always believed that the value of Howrah Botanic Garden is actually underestimated. Its a place of great resource of living as well as voucher specimens. Hope it lasts long. Thanks for sharing this pic. I thought there is only one species in lower plains of India. But if you got this from Sibpur then probably it may not be the local one.as many plants came to the garden from other parts of India and abroad. I thinkt his is Leea macrophylla. Pankaj
On Wednesday, 16 January 2013 01:35:11 UTC+8, surajitkoley wrote: > > Dear All, > > Never did i think of delving inside the unfathomable mystery of plant > taxonomy. Since my childhood i hated books and relieved a deep sigh when i > found myself engaged to a NAUKRI ! Thanks God, no more reading! > > My initial days in eFI were very nice, just upload photographs and obtain > ID of plants; very simple. Raju Sir changed it all. No sooner i met him in > the Botanical Garden we became family and i started moulting, moulting into > a student life, for one more time, with obedience. > > Well, it was the 17th July, 2012 and Raju Sir drew my notice to this > beautiful plant, a *Leea* sp., inside the Botanical Garden, Shibpore, > Howrah. I can't express my amazement when Raju Sir himself cleared a few > weeds so that i could be able to take photographs without any obstruction > before me. > > Thank you, > > Regards, > > surajit > --

