Dear Nalini ji,
Hearing from you after a very long while.
Nice to see all the flowers.
Quite different from the ones we see here.
Best wishes & Happy New Year to you too.
Regards,
Aarti

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:34:52 PM UTC+4, nabha wrote:
>
>  in Summer of 2012 we visited faroe-islands, Iceland and Greenland.
>
> Though I made many many fotos there, I have to choose a few. I did it 
> today. Though it is nice to see the old fotos, I don't feel like doing it 
> today, when it is snow everywhere and the temperatures are below -10.ᅵ I 
> just went quickly thru my collection and chose the ones I found remarkable.
>
> In Iceland I remember to have seenᅵ Wollgras (*Eriophorum scheuchzeri*)ᅵ 
> and arctic poppyᅵ (*Papaver radicatum*) in white, yellow, to orange. 
> But more than that there was Hundskamille (*anthemis*) everywhere, in the 
> harbour, wastelands, along the roads, everywhere.ᅵ In *
> Seyᅵisfjᅵrᅵur*ᅵ ( Iceland ᅵ 65ᅵᅵ16′ᅵN, 14ᅵᅵ1′ᅵW 
> <http://toolserver.org/%7Egeohack/geohack.php?pagename=Sey%C3%B0isfj%C3%B6r%C3%B0ur&language=de&params=65.263055555556_N_14.008888888889_W_region:IS_type:city%28717%29>
> )<http://toolserver.org/%7Egeohack/geohack.php?pagename=Sey%C3%B0isfj%C3%B6r%C3%B0ur&language=de&params=65.263055555556_N_14.008888888889_W_region:IS_type:city%28717%29>I
>  found one orchidee Nᅵrdliche Kuckucksblume near a waterfall. I could 
> not go very near to it. I am attaching these Fotos here.
> In Akureyri in iceland there is a wonderful botanical garden, worth 
> visiting.
>
> In Greenland too there was beautiful vegetation, Moos withᅵ small 
> flowers, Lichens on the rocks, colorful from white to deep orange. But I 
> remember the beautiful sunny and warm (!) day in 
> *Qeqertarsuaq**ᅵᅵ*Greenlandᅵᅵ 
> 69ᅵᅵ14′ᅵ45″ᅵN, 
> 53ᅵᅵ32′ᅵ14″ᅵW.<http://toolserver.org/%7Egeohack/geohack.php?pagename=Qeqertarsuaq&language=de&params=69.245833333333_N_53.537222222222_W_dim:10000_region:GL_type:city%28858%29>ᅵ
>  
> Here too I watched dandelion, vogelmiere (stellaria) etc, but Arktische 
> Weidenrᅵschen (*Epilobium-latifolium*) was the one, making the land 
> smile under the blue sky.
>
> I hope you enjoy the fotos
> Best wishes for 2013 somewhat late but from heart.
>
> Regards
> Nalini
>  

-- 



Reply via email to