Swamy ji
Your picture is Ceiba pentandra only and I am in the process of adding it
to Flora picture
2012<http://indiantreepix.blogspot.in/search?updated-min=2013-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=1>
On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:15 AM, M Swamy <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear all in the E- flora group,
> At the out set,  I acknowledge the numerous New Year greetings from all
> our brothers and sisters of the group.  I reciprocate the greet and  wish
> well every one in the group.  Let the New Year bring all the dreams and
> wishes  come true.
> Inspired by the members posting the flora picture of the year I venture to
> post this picture of  *Bombax ceiba* taken during the past year.   This
> is one of the heritage trees of Mysore city, rather Karnataka state.  The
> tree was planted by Lord Curzon  just outside the fort wall of Mysore
> Palace.  The areas has now been called the Curzon park where flower shows
> are held regularly during Dasara.   It is one of the best maintained parks
> in the city.   Of course  there are  plenty of  parks in the city.     I am
> providing the link for further reading on the tree and the heritage trees
> of Mysore city :
> http://www.deccanherald.com/content/229798/heritage-trees-have-history-their.html
> .
>



Dr Satish Phadke

-- 



Reply via email to