Thank you Dr Pankaj for liking *Saussurea simpsoniana,* locally known as 
“Jogi Badshah”.

‘Missing the snow” indicate that you probably worked mainly on subtropical/ 
montane flora or fauna/ ecology at WII. 

Familiarity of name  may be because of the similarity with Dr G.S.Rawat 
(now at ICIMOD) who is an authority on Himalayan alpine flora and ecology.

I have been working in alpine zones of Uttarakhand since 1987 when I opted 
to explore “Alpine flora of Kuari Pass Dalisera Alpine zones in Chamoli 
district” for my M.Sc. dissertation. Since then trekking in alpine zones of 
Uttarakhand had been more an addiction of these enchanting landscapes of 
“Bugyals” than merely collecting plants/ ecological data. I have mainly 
interacted with plants of these areas, herdsmen (Bakarwals) roaming there 
 but little with the experts, taxonomists or ecologists. Nor I published 
high IF research articles which are the reasons behind not being familiar 
with my name.

 

Dr D.S.Rawat

Department of Biological Sciences, CBSH, G.B.Pant University of Agriculture 
and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand 

On Friday, January 18, 2013 5:10:26 AM UTC+5:30, Dr Pankaj Kumar wrote:
>
> Snow is natural Vijay. I imagine if the plant emits som heat to melt or it 
> is caused just because of transpiration.
> Very beautiful pic Mr. Rawat. I imagine it must be snowing heavily right 
> now in the Himalayas. I miss snow....
> I imagine Mr. Rawat, how come I never heard your name while working at WII 
> ???? Though your name sounds so familiar!!
> Enjoy...
> Pankaj
>
>
> On Tuesday, 1 January 2013 21:13:45 UTC+8, D.S Rawat wrote:
>>
>> This curious looking alpine herb grow very close to snow line in the 
>> Himalaya. Here photographed in October first week when it is taking 
>> 'Samadhi' under snow for the whole winter season. 
>
>

-- 



Reply via email to