Yes, it is Ixora brachiata

Santhosh


On 20 April 2013 06:04, Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]> wrote:

>
> Dear friends
> These photographs have been sent to me for confirmation. As I am not
> familiar with plants of Western Ghat, can any member help with confirmation
> or getting true identity.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Olga Hernandez <[email protected]>
> Date: Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 5:11 AM
> Subject: Ixora brachiata
> To: [email protected]
>
>
> Dear Dr. Singh,
>
> I am in the process of propagating an *Ixora* species which I believe is
> the Western Ghats *Ixora brachiata.*  Since I only know of two possible
> plants in South Florida (Miami), one of which I no longer have access, and
> I have found no one locally with specific knowledge of this species, it has
> been difficult confirming that my plants are indeed* I. brachiata*.
>
> The flowers from Plant 1 are pinkish white and pungently fragrant and the
> plant was grown under shade to about 3 feet high.  I have no further
> information, pictures, or access to this plant.  Plant 2 has very similar
> flower structure with little to no pink, but his plant is about 10 feet
> high and growing in full sun.  It recently flowered profusely and now the
> panicles bear green fruits.  The fruits will turn dark red then black.  The
> flowers in this second plant are also fragrant and brown quickly; insect
> activity from flower to fruit is heavy.  The flower tube is short (compared
> to* I. coccinea*) and the petals are reflexed in both plants.
>
> *If you could kindly identify the plants from the attached images, I
> would be very grateful for your time and expertise.*
>
> With kindest regards and appreciation,
> Olga
>
>
>
>
> --
> Olga M. Hernandez, Ph.D.
> APTCL
> (305) 479-8375
>
>
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College
> University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018
> Phone: 01125518297; Mobile: 9810359089
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


-- 
SANTHOSH
------------------------------------------
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar MSc, PhD, FIAT, FLS (on leave for 2 years)
Jawaharlal Nehru Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com

Presently working for the British Aerospace, Riyadh, KSA
NB: Please consider your environmental responsibility! Ask yourself before
printing this email !!!

-- 

--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to