A reply from another
thread<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/indiantreepix/H3iwt0BxYGQ>
:
"......................
I also agree with you on your another post - https://groups.google.com/d/
msg/indiantreepix/_IHE1XUqJdY/JCcEtrki1yEJ.
Regards,
surajit"

On 31 March 2013 21:50, Bhagyashri <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello friends,
>                                                          Attaching some
> more pics of the tree with additional dimensions                   Young
> leaves silvery,smooth and soft  hairy underneath
>                    Longest leaf 7.3 cmx 3cm
>                                                                  Petiole
> 3mm long
>                                            Peduncle 18 mm ? bracts seen
>
>     Inflorescence head 1cm, including flowers about 18-19m
>     axillary,terminal,solitary and also with 2 heads at places
>                                           Calyx stalk 5mm appears hairy-
> may be I am wrong
>
> Can this be Anogeissus acuminata var. acuminata?
>
> Ref A Revision of Anogeissus (Combretaceae)
>
> A. J. Scott
>
> Kew Bulletin
> Vol. 33, No. 4 (1979), pp. 555-566
> Published by: Royal Botanic Gardens,
> Kew<http://www.jstor.org/action/showPublisher?publisherCode=kew>
> Article Stable URL: http://www.jstor.org/stable/4109799
> Whatever I could grasp to my ability from this ref I thought about this
> Id. My kind request to please validate the Id
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On a second look at the pictures on facebook, this doesn't look similar
>> to Anogeissus sericea. Clear pictures are needed to go closer to ID.
>> On Mar 22, 2013 8:56 AM, "Bhagyashri" <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Neil ji,
>>> Many thanks for your reply ,links and the separate post with photographs
>>> of A.sericea.
>>> Regards
>>> Bhagyashri

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world):
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2085 members &
1,50,000 messages on 31/3/13) or Efloraofindia website:
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database
of more than 8000 species).
India'.

--