Very good observations. Hope to see the complete cycle.

Dr Satish Phadke


On 24 May 2013 13:09, Bhagyashri <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> May 2013
> I am happy to inform that Tawny coster has laid eggs again on the plant in
> different batches.Because of the guidance from Neil ji and Usha di I let
> them be on the plant and I can see eggs,larva and caterpillars . Also it is
> flowering . I hope to see the full life cycle. Attaching pictures of the
> same
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM, ushadi Micromini <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> well done Bhagyashri, this is the way to learn and live peacefully with
>> the creatures that were on the earth before we got here and will be here
>> after we as a species move on, or evolve into something else or die out
>> because of our own toxins...
>>
>> Appreciate your reaction and willingness.
>> Usha di
>> ===
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Bhagyashri <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Good evening Neil ji and Usha di,
>>> Thanks for your reply.I did not know that host plants are generally
>>> specific for butterflies. In the past I had 5-6 very healthy Impatiens
>>> plants. One day I saw huge fat green caterpillars voraciously feeding on
>>> them . I was happy and decided to let them be there. But they were such
>>> voracious eaters that they did not leave a single leaf on the plants and I
>>> lost all the plants.I felt very sad. Having these memories I decided that
>>> both should live and put them on the grass. Neil ji how many days do these
>>> caterpillars take to become a butterfly and would they eat up the whole
>>> plant and would the plant survive?. If I know these answers  at least in
>>> the future I will do the correct thing. Or as Usha di says they should
>>> be taken as part of web of life, But if the plant perishes it hurts too...
>>>   It is tough to decide
>>>  Regards
>>> Bhagyashri
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Neil Soares <[email protected]>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Ms. Bhagyashri,
>>>>     The caterpillars are most likely to be of the Tawny Coster
>>>> butterfly. Host plants are generally specific for butterflies. Sometimes
>>>> butterflies have multiple host plants as in this case - caterpillars of
>>>> this butterfly can also survive on Aporoso lindleyana, Adenia hondala and
>>>> other species of Passiflora.
>>>>     From the grass where you have placed them the caterpillars will
>>>> either have to find their way back to the host plant or perish.
>>>>                       With regards,
>>>>                         Neil Soares.
>>>>
>>>> --- On *Thu, 6/7/12, Bhagyashri <[email protected]>* wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> From: Bhagyashri <[email protected]>
>>>> Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:118981] efloraofindia:'' Id 03062012MR1’’
>>>> need your help; how do I save the Passiflora sp and the ?caterpillars @ 
>>>> Pune
>>>> To: "hari lal" <[email protected]>
>>>> Cc: "efloraofindia" <[email protected]>
>>>> Date: Thursday, June 7, 2012, 3:49 PM
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thank you Hari lal ji for the appreciation. By evening all the
>>>> caterpillars gathered at the corner of the leaf up and below the leaf. As
>>>> you can see in the pic attached they had started voraciously eating into
>>>> the leaf. Next morning it was even worse. There is grass around my house so
>>>> I cut the leaf at the stalk and placed it within the grass. I think they
>>>> would survive there and my plant too was saved.
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM, hari lal 
>>>> <[email protected]<http://us.mc339.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected]>
>>>> > wrote:
>>>>
>>>> nice madam
>>>>
>>>> On 6/3/12, Bhagyashri 
>>>> <[email protected]<http://us.mc339.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected]>>
>>>> wrote:
>>>> > Dear members,
>>>> > 3rd June 2012 Pune
>>>> > 3-4 days back I saw some ? eggs on the Passiflora sp at my home.
>>>> Today in
>>>> > the morning luckily I witnessed the actual hatching of these
>>>> ?caterpillars
>>>> > from these beautiful transparent ? cocoons. It was a moment to
>>>> remember. On
>>>> > the opposite leaf I saw a yellow purple insect ( I have know idea as
>>>> to
>>>> > what it is) looking in this direction; and then came a ? wasp moving
>>>> within
>>>> > these caterpillars and cocoons. I have absolutely no idea about the
>>>> > relation between these 3. Will these grow big and eat away the
>>>> leaves? What
>>>> > do I do to preserve the plant and the caterpillars too? Would very
>>>> much
>>>> > appreciate your help.
>>>> > --
>>>> > Thanks and Regards
>>>> > Bhagyashri
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> HARI SHANKAR LAL
>>>> AT-SHIV KUTIR
>>>> PO-BARA BAZAR
>>>> DIST-HAZARIBAG
>>>> PIN-825301
>>>> JHARKHAND,INDIA
>>>> MOBILE-9431530563
>>>> [email protected]<http://us.mc339.mail.yahoo.com/mc/[email protected]>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Regards
>>>> Bhagyashri
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Bhagyashri
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Usha di
>> ===========
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "efloraofindia" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to