Dear all,
This is called as ulupi or ulpi in colloquial kannada language. This
species is plenty in Daroji bear sanctuary just about 15 kms from Hampi.
Fruits of this plant have a pleasant taste and sloth bears are fond of
these fruits. I have studied food ecology of sloth bears in this kishkinda
valley and found ulpi seeds in scat of sloth bears in high ratio during the
fruiting season.
Thanks,
Samad Kottur.