Dear members,

It's heartening to reiterate that
*Efloraofindia*<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!forum/indiantreepix>*
is the largest google e-group in the world *in this field & the largest
nature related e-group (and the most constructive) in India with around
1,74,000 messages so far & membership currently around 2190 nos.

Efloraofindia <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home>
website<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home> has
now been updated upto 31st Oct.'13 along with completion of resurfacing
work upto this date. *It has the largest database on net on Indian Flora
with more than 1,80,000 pictures of more than 9000 species. *Members should
add Efloraofindia <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home>
website<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home> link
in their favourites & give species’ links from this while posting or
replying in a thread as lot of discussed data is already available here.

For better viewing of species' pages, colour scheme & formatting is being
followed as below while editing any pages in future:

Description of the species, Details of other flora species on the same page,
Details of other than flora species on the same page, Uses/harms,
Distribution/Abundance/Location, Habit & Habitat, Etymology & pronunciation,
Other Interesting Information, stories etc., Others, *Botanical names*, *Common
names, **Main point of discussion below,* Discussion about botanical names.

These days a lot of inf. about Indian Flora is available under Cc-by
license<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_licenses>(Licensees
may copy, distribute, display and perform the work and make
derivative works based on it only if they give the author or licensor the
credits in the manner specified by these). Due credits/ attributions are to
be given. Such sources include Wikipedia, India Biodiversity Portal, IUCN
Red List, PFAF, Flora of Tibet website etc. I am trying to add such inf.
with due credits.

I am also trying to add keys & summarizing the information at the top of
the page (for the pages I am coming across while adding information from
wrong botanical names or being syn. of some other species) are deleted or
properly connected as per the current accepted name along with
references. Future
eFI genera pages will be like
Lobelia<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/c/campanulaceae/lobelia>depending
upon the time I get as & when I update a genus page so that we
are aware which are the species which are likely to be found in India
(depending on the net resources) & which are already available in eFI.

Intent of this website is compilation of all the posts on 'efloraofindia'
e- group along with providing other details so that it’s useful to all
concerned as all the data about a particular species will be available
under a single head & *easily searchable*. However, correctness of data/
identification in the efloraofindia (earlier indiantreepix) links is
dependent on the members’ inputs in that particular link. Therefore,
errors/ mistakes cannot be ruled out- everyone is requested to point them
out for corrections by sending an e-mail to
<itpm...@googlegroups.com>. Efloraofindia
e-group members can also add comments about it after 'signing in' at the
bottom of the page.

More important is the fact that thousands of observations of hundreds of
our members are available here (many of which one will not find documented
anywhere) & easily searchable through general web searches (after adding
efloraofindia) as well as by searching in the
Efloraofindia<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home>
website <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/home>. And these are
going to increase with every passing day. These original observations will
be a treasure trove & will a delight to a lot of people. With the pace at
which new species are being added to our database, it should become the
premier resource for taxonomic research in India. As the data is
multiplying, we need more volunteers to take up this work. Details can be
seen at Volunteers
required<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/volunteers-required/volunteers-required>.

Monthly family
weeks<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/monthly-family-weeks>organized
by Dr. Gurcharan Singh among others have become a great source of
information for efloraofindia website.

Kudos & thanks to The
Pillars<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/pillars-of-efloraofindia>,
Moderators <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/moderators>,
Major
contributors<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/about-us/major-contributors>&
other members who are rendering selfless service on the group & made
this
endeavour possible for the benefit of everyone.
The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
alphabetically & place-wise):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world):
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2190 members &
1,72,300 messages on 31/10/13) or Efloraofindia website:
https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database
of more than 8500 species & 1,70, 000 images).
India'.