Thanks for this post Nidhan Sir! Your doubts are very genuine.

Stamens are generally 5 in P. plebeium...here I can clearly see 8 stamens,
distinctly pedicellate flowers exserted from ochrea and equal size tepals.
Hence I think your plant is Polygonum effusum Meisn. The plant was once
considered a variety of P. plebeium (as you also guessed) but later
separated.

You can find the details here:
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=242100122

Thanks again for the post.