*Magnificent pics, Sunita / Raghu /Sunil. I wonder why the hornbill would
favour the teak tree? Perhaps because they are shy as you mentioned and the
various teaks tend to have broad shade-providing leaves. Hornbills otherwise
require a considerable tree hollow for nesting and their diet is cheifly
fruit/nuts partuculalrly figs. Let's not be niaive in thinking they are pure
vegetarians as they do take the occasional bit of 'non-veg' particularly
while nesting, besides, every fig contains fig wasp larvae. *

*All the best and thanks!

James*

Visit our updated blog for recent news: http://pklchdfam.blogspot.com/

Our keys are here--click below!