This plant could be also I. violoides, described probably from nowadays 
Uttarakhand, however description of this species is veeeeery short with no 
information on colour of flowers and many other details.  Below is original 
description by Hooker:
"The only specimens which I have seen are very imperfect. One in the Bentham 
Herbarium ha3 a ticket inscribed ' Impatiens Candida, Lindl., near Junglung, 
alt. 8-9,000 ft.' I cannot find the localities named. /. Candida, Lindl., is a 
very different plant, a white flowered state of /. Roylei, Walp. The caphiform 
lip and absence of spur render /. violoides easy of recognition."
So only clue is that I. violoides was recognized as white form of I. 
glandulifera, but has less or more shallow lower sepal and lacks spur.
In the key there is "Capsules deflexed, racemes short or umbelliform 
few-flowered" what looks similar to this plant.
I can't find any picture of I. violoides, so all this is only my guess.
Best regards                   Wojciech



16:55 wtorek, 2014-10-7, J.M. Garg <[email protected]> napisaƂ(a):
 


Forwarding again for Id assistanceplease.

 
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kishanlal <[email protected]>
Date: 7 October 2014 19:01
Subject: Impatiens serrata
To: JM Garg <[email protected]>



Dear sir,
                 This impatiens has been shot from below Chansil Pass in Shimla 
Distt.The reply of Mr Wojciech is as under.


Your plant don't match exactly any of  Impatiens known from Himachal Pradesh 
(as far as I am able to check it). 
There are some similarities to I. serrata as only non-spurred species in this 
area, but at least some inflorescences of your plant are multiflowered.
You can try to contact Dr Pusalkar, who is working on the flora of Uttarakhand. 
His paper dealing with three new species of Impatiens from western Himalaya was 
posted on e-flora of India e-group.
Best regards          Wojciech 
Best regards,
Krishan Lal

Get your own FREE website, FREE domain & FREE mobile app with Company email.   
Know More > 


-- 

With regards,
J.M.Garg
'Creating awareness of Indian
Flora & Fauna'
The whole world usesmy Image Resource of more than a thousand
species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc.
(arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as
per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification,
learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join
ourEfloraofindia
Google e-group (largest
in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) 
orEfloraofindia website(with a species database of more than
10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for 
efloraofindia. 
Also author of 'A
Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of India'. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to