I also happened to see the same tree flowering in Kearala in wild on way to
Munnar.
This is Helicteres isora or मुरुड शेंग in Marathi. due to the cork screw
shaped pods it possesses. It is used in Ayurvedic medicines.
I think I have posted this in a different thread.
Family: Sterculiaceae.
Dr Satish Phadke

2010/1/8 ranjini kamath <[email protected]>

> In Edamalayar Forest,Thattekad,Kerala.Pic taken-10-12-09 at
> 7.30am.request ID.Thank you.
>                                 Ranjini Kamath
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "efloraofindia" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<indiantreepix%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>
>
>
>
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected].
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Reply via email to