Acanthaceae Fortnight
acanthus, or ruellia family
Dear friends,
On going through *Revision of the Genus Barleria (Acanthaceae) in India* by
Shankar M. Shendage and S.R. Yadav, I found I have messed up few posts with
wrongly identifying *Barleria prattensis* as *Barleria montana*. This
document is no longer found at Rheedea site, however you may download
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/HvNFd2AIHjQ/ZaNBfSQBkscJ> it
from one of the posts in group's database; thanks to Usha di for sharing
it.

I have put below links to my recent posts carrying misidentifications. They
must be *Barleria prattensis* Santapau, Kew Bull. 3: 487. 1949; ...
synonym: *Barleria montana* auct. non Nees, 1832: Beddome, Icon. Pl. Ind.
Or.: t. 257. 1868; Cooke, Fl. Bombay 2: 461. 1904. AND NOT *Barleria
montana* Nees in Wallich, Pl. Asiat. Rar. 3: 92. 1832 & in de Candolle,
Prodr. 11: 232. 1847; ... synonym:*Barleria morrisiana* E. Barnes & C.E.C.
Fisch., Bull. Misc. Inform. 1939: 659. 1939; Karthikeyan et al., Fl. Pl.
India – Dicotyl. 1: 6. 2009, syn. nov.

I checked group's database - till date, there is no post of *B. montana*; I
eagerly hope we get somebody posting it during this fortnight.

While I am strong about these misidentifications in my collection, I will
be glad to get validations (positive OR negative). Will later correct my
notes at flickr after the fortnight.
------------------------------
DVMAR15/26
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/4DPcTf9jcI4/Vu6WXvSAxWkJ>
at Karnala Bird Sanctuary on December 9, 2006

[image: Adavi Decembaralu (Telugu: అడవి డిసెంబరాలు)]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F318386590&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfcqxNaswRwLhOBLti445jb0paIag>




DVMAR16/27
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/jvb2Ow4CXpE/89OB-hbNXTIJ>
at Valley Park, CBD, Navi Mumbai on November 3, 2007

[image: Dongari Koranti (Marathi: डोंगरी कोरांटी)]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F1842495869&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfU1l1INIcPiGhIP3WPSEDYHz_Z1A>
   [image: Mekavanna-k-kurinci (Tamil: மேகவண்ணக்குறிஞ்சி)]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F1843307934&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdvkmntahRgvtBejNwZ2WX1J17wmw>




DVMAR17/28
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/1Ili1WhkFMM/97OTz1NODhUJ>
at Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary on October 9, 2008

[image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2934236854&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfmVTpi01Ssx5qx2fUKbec_NDwysQ>
   [image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2934233282&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdKI0Vy_ApfQNp_Tm4C-XDThVHVAQ>


[image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2933376121&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfLMbtPoNCevwIuXvtTuGFprpZpTw>
   [image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2933377523&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdsce-oIrdUQoGLGtfmvQm0FnLFEw>




DVMAR18/29
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/4Dw6MgDB4zw/Au1MFcYqS_QJ>
at Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary on October 18, 2008

[image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2951469989&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfRAHsenZbJQJIVD4YUOnS_YwFTSQ>




DVMAR19/30
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/4GdqVagnExk/84b-j9mkpwEJ>
at Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary on October 18, 2008

[image: Dongari Koranti (Marathi: डोंगरी कोरांटी)]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2952321706&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdgy15yeSs6afsrP6oPz6omjNG3xQ>
   [image: Mountain Barleria]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2952323190&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdQ9SSfqUbzVoPE5ntbbp47MN8h2g>




DVMAR20/31
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/indiantreepix/y51kk9xWI6w/RWYAu8BD3l0J>
at Karnala Bird Sanctuary on October 25, 2008

[image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2974602172&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzfhcHIc1vTvm5g9mxN0o3ngvrPmYw>
   [image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2972148382&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcWpe5ckN4hUzGi9gxh_A0ntaDZGQ>


[image: Barleria montana]
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F2972152042&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcnj0me4EFrnvPvu2JsFyFJUJBCEQ>




Regards.
Dinesh

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to