Dear Dinesh, Is this Barleria strigosa or Barleria terminalis? Until I saw the other species I could never be sure, but now I feel this one that we see all around our area, including at Matheran, is Barleria terminalis.
I'll try and post pics of what may be Barleria strigosa and you can see what you think. BSI Fl of Mah is very helpful for this. regards Radha On Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 10:38:51 PM UTC+5:30, Dinesh Valke wrote: > > > Acanthaceae Fortnight > acanthus, or ruellia family > *Barleria strigosa* Willd. > at Matheran on November 1, 2012 > > [image: Nilakurunni (Malayalam: നീലകുറുഞ്ഞി)] > <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F8150048046&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEze6IEjSeJOyX5vp2VkxkmQQpa6VWA> > > > [image: Nilamparam (Tamil: நீலாம்பரம்)] > <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F8150046712&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcuOhtw6gCFFf958zVQWSgI_1Rq5w> > > > [image: Nilambaramu (Telugu: నీలఅంబరము)] > <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F8150019231&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcCWAOoRZGz_eTp_0ezh6sIkzlLYQ> > Regards. > Dinesh > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To post to this group, send an email to [email protected]. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

