Dear Dr. Kumar/ Mr. Garg,

Enclosing some other link and request for your opinion .
Also, could you please send me some link showing pink
flower of S.spiralis.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

http://orchidspecies.com/spirsinensis.htm

http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Chinese%20Lady's-Tresses.html

[image: FoI] <http://www.flowersofindia.net/>
Chinese Lady's-Tresses
[image: Foto info]
[image: Chinese Lady's-Tresses]

<http://www.flowersofindia.net/Scripts/rec_form.php>
ative
*Photo:* Dony Kokii*Common name:* Chinese Lady's-Tresses
*Botanical name:*  *Spiranthes sinensis*    *Family:* *Orchidaceae* (Orchid
family)
*Synonyms:* Spiranthes lancea, Spiranthes pudica, Spiranthes australis
------------------------------
The genus name *Spiranthes* comes from the Greek words "speira" meaning
spiral and "anthos" meaning flower, and refers to the spiral arrangement of
flowers. Chinese Lady's-Tresses is an orchid found in the Himalayas and in
many countries from Asia to Australia. It is a medium sized, cool to hot
growing terrestrial orchid found on roadsides, grassy areas, open forests,
at elevations of 100-2000 m. The plant has cylindrical, velvety roots, and
a basal rosette of a few oblong-elliptic to linear-lanceshaped, pointed
glossy dark green leaves. Flowers are borne on an erect, slender, up to 25
cm long many flowered spike. The spreading flowers twist around in a spiral
with 2 to 3 distant, glandular-hairy sheaths and lanceshaped, long-pointed,
glandular-hairy floral bracts. Flowers are rose to rose-purple, rarely
whitish, fragrant. Sepals are lanceshaped, up to 5 mm long, the dorsal
forming a tube with the narrower petals and lip. Flowering: May-September.
*Identification credit:* Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar
Photographed in Shillong, Meghalaya.