---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: chrischadwell...@btinternet.com <chrischadwell...@btinternet.com>
Date: 14 October 2016 at 02:49
Subject: [efloraofindia:253617] Re: Ranunculaceae Week
To: efloraofindia <indiantreepix@googlegroups.com>

The distant photo makes it difficult to be sure but this does not match
well with *Clematis ladakhiana* - appears closer to *C.tangutica*.  *Really
important to have close-up images of flowers and foliage on future
occasions.  See my recent comments on the Clematis orientalis complex.*

On Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 5:41:32 AM UTC+1, amit wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Sending photo of Clematis ladakhiana
>
> Clematis ladakhiana Grey – Wilson in Kew Bull. 44: 49. 1989; Rau in
> Sharma et al., Fl. India 1: 68. 1993; Uniyal in Singh et al., Fl.
> Jammu  Kashmir 1: 395. 2002. C. orientalis L. var. acutifolia Hook. f.
> & Thoms., Fl. Ind. 9. 1855 & in Hook. f., Fl. Brit. India 1: 5. 1872.
> C. orientalis L. var. longicaudata sensu Mukherjee in Bull. Bot. Surv.
> India 1: 139. 1959, non Ledeb.
>
> Shrubs, climbers; stems glabrous - glaberescent, ridged, purplish -
> brownish. Leaves pinnate with 3 – 4 leaflets; leaflets narrow –
> lanceolate, 0.20 – 0.50 x 0.2 – 1.0 cm, entire or with 1 or 2 lobes at
> base, acute, slightly pubescent above, glabrous beneath, glaucous.
> Inflorescence axillary, in groups of 3 – 5 flowers. Flowers large,
> yellow or orange yellow; pedicels 1.5 – 3.0 cm long, glabrous –
> subglabrous, densely pubescent when young, ridged. Petals absent.
> Sepals 4, lanceolate – elliptic, 1.8 – 2.5 x 0.5 – 0.9 cm, acute –
> acuminate, glabrous – subglabrous outside, pubescent along the margin,
> densely pubescent inside, spreading. Filaments 0.6 – 0.8 cm long,
> dilated, tapering narrowly in upper portion, reddish – purple. Pistil
> feathery, stylar beak 0.1-0.2 cm long.
>
> Fl. & Fr.: July – September.
>
> Frequent, on rocky slopes, Chilling village, Hemis National Park, Ladakh
>
> Distrib.: India: Jammu & Kashmir & Himachal Pradesh; Pakistan.
>
> --
> Dr. Amit Chauhan
> Junior Technical Assistant
> Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre,
> Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar,
> Uttarakhand 263149
> ph.05944 234445
> mob.+919412161087
> mail: amit...@gmail.com
> amit...@rediffmail.com
> amit.c...@cimap.res.in

world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia

The whole world uses my Image Resource

India'.