Dear friends and Lalithamba ji,

Among many names and their variants listed in ENVIS-FRLHT
<http://envis.frlht.org/plant_details.php?disp_id=2298&parname=0> for *Ardisia
solanacea*, I would like to get following validated:

   1. కాశినేరేడు kaashineredu
   2. పగడ ములక pagada mulaka

I hope I have written the above two names correctly; thanks to A
Telugu-English dictionary by Charles Philip Brown
<http://dsal.uchicago.edu/dictionaries/brown/>

నేరేడు neredu
<http://dsalsrv02.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/app/brown_query.py?qs=%E0%B0%A8%E0%B1%87%E0%B0%B0%E0%B1%87%E0%B0%A1%E0%B1%81&searchhws=yes>
(or నేరెడు neredu), though finds an entry in Brown's Dictionary for *Ardisia
humilis*, (synonym of *A. solanacea*), it looks like being used as a
generic name for plants bearing cherry or plum-like fruits. Thus using
prefix like *కాశి* (Kaashi, Benares city) will separate it from *అల్లో*నేరేడు
*allo*-neredu, *భూత*నేరేడు *bhuta*-neredu, *జంబు*నేరేడు *jambu*-neredu.
*నక్క*నేరేడు *nakka*-neredu, etc.

Regards.
Dinesh