Thank you very much Lalithamba ji for validating the names rendered in
Telugu script.

When I searched for names of *Ardisia solanacea* in Brown's dictionary
<http://dsalsrv02.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/app/brown_query.py?qs=%E0%B0%A8%E0%B1%87%E0%B0%B0%E0%B1%87%E0%B0%A1%E0%B1%81&searchhws=yes>,
I came across this entry:

నేరేడు (p. 681) nērēḍu or నేరెడు nērēḍu. [Tel.] n. The tree called Myrtus
cyminum. Rox. ii. 486. Ardisia humilis (Watts). *భూతనేరేడు and అల్లోనేరేడు
are other species*. జంబునేరేడు the roseapple, Eugenia jambos. నేరేడుపండువలె
as black as a cherry.

I now went on to search for *భూత*నేరేడు *bhuta*-neredu ... but was not able
to find which plant it stands for.
భూత (bhuta), most probably would mean - haunted OR shunned by people due to
some belief.

Hopefully, we will come across to know which plant this *భూత*నేరేడు
*bhuta*-neredu
stands for.

Regards.
Dinesh