Thanks Dinesh ji
We seem to be developing telepathy more frequently. I saw the plant again
today, and was reluctant to accept it as B. lacera. But now I seem to have
found the answer, the species also described in Flora of Delhi (J K
Maheshwari), B. laciniata (Rxb.) DC. Please validate. I have this link to
support my new identification:


http://images.google.co.in/imgres?imgurl=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3559/3396696391_4438d3b274.jpg%3Fv%3D0&imgrefurl=http://flickr.com/photos/mingiweng/3396696391/&usg=__R-qIvcr3STepKR3oJSaYIxx9rAw=&h=344&w=500&sz=79&hl=en&start=11&sig2=YMQbRhPrSnFNFU5QpQcUrQ&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=R15Vc5oAxG1NUM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBlumea%2Blaciniata%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=ZqikS6jHDor66QOqr_m-Bw

-
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/


On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]>wrote:

> Tanay could be right with his justification ... but to me the look of plant
> seems different, the stem, leaves and flowers they all seem different.
> Leaf texture of *B. lacera* is more like felt material, the colour is
> light (read: bright) green ... these two qualities are also seen in *B.
> oxyodonta*.
>
> Could this be some variety of *B. paniculata* ?
> ... other than these two: var. *paniculata* and var. *muralis* ... these I
> have seen in Satish Pardeshi ji's works at Floristic Survey of Institute of
> Science (http://iscmumbai.maharashtra.gov.in/floristic%20survey.html)
>
> I think I have extended Gurcharan ji's doubt. Me too would like some
> comment(s) for clarification.
>
> Regards.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:44 AM, tanay bose <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>> *Blumea lacera [Asteraceae]...*
>> I am confident on Gurcharan Ji's ID and previously I attached a photo
>> where I tried to indicated the charactes of the plant which is evident from
>> the photo. Plant doesn't look like *B lacera* commonly seen in Kolktata
>> but still has all the characters of the plant. I have seen this plant very
>> closely as i used its extract to contol microbes. It has a good potential to
>> control bacteria.
>> regards
>> Tanay
>> On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM, J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise pl.
>>>
>>> Earlier relevant feedback:
>>>
>>> “After going through the literature I am *tempted to identify it as
>>> Blumea lacera*, though I am not confident with identification. Kindly
>>> suggest.
>>> --
>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh”
>>>
>>> “Please see the attached photo where I have tried to point out some
>>> characters which also indicates me that the plant is Blumea lacera. I have
>>> never seen a Blumea like this in West Bengal there the plant is more
>>> vigourous and dense by nature. Sir is this an ecotype or something of that
>>> kind?
>>>  Regards
>>> Tanay”
>>>
>>> “Thanks Tanay for supporting analysis. *Seeing photographs on the net,
>>> especially flowersofindia website, I don't feel confident about my
>>> identification.* Let us see more responses.
>>> --
>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh”
>>>
>>> "the response was same when i saw photo . it doesn't look the B lacera i
>>> saw in and around kolkata. hence i asked you is this an ecotype ?
>>> regards
>>> tanay"
>>>
>>>   ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>>> From: Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>
>>> Date: 24 February 2010 20:16
>>> Subject: [efloraofindia:28245] 240210GS1 a composite for ID
>>> To: efloraofindia <[email protected]>
>>>
>>>
>>> Sending 240210GS1 a composite for ID.
>>>
>>>  *Date/Time-  24-2-2010*
>>>
>>> *Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Vikas Puri, New Delhi, 213 m asl*
>>>
>>> *Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Waste places*
>>>
>>> *Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Erect annual herb*
>>>
>>> *Height/Length- up to 1.5 m tall*
>>>
>>> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Alternate, hairy with somewhat lobed margin *
>>>
>>> *Inflorescence Type/ Size- Capitulum, probably discoid*
>>>
>>> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- Head 1.5-2 cm across, yellow,
>>> invollucre hairy*
>>>
>>> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- cypsella*
>>>
>>> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-*
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>>> Associate Professor
>>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ <http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>>> "efloraofindia" group.
>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>>> [email protected]<indiantreepix%[email protected]>
>>> .
>>> For more options, visit this group at
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> With regards,
>>> J.M.Garg ([email protected])
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
>>> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
>>> Image Resource of more than a thousand species of Birds, Butterflies,
>>> Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):
>>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
>>> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group-
>>> Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Tanay Bose
>> +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
>> 9830439691(Mobile)
>> 9674221362 (Mobile)
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "efloraofindia" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected]<indiantreepix%[email protected]>
>> .
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Reply via email to