Thanks, Chadwell ji.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: C CHADWELL <[email protected]>
Date: 12 January 2017 at 08:02
Subject: Anemones in Lahaul-Spiti
To: "J.M. Garg" <[email protected]>


According to 'Flora of Lahaul-Spiti' (Aswal & Mehrotra, 1999) there are 5
Anemones
recorded from this region.

I am not in agreement with this.

I accept that A.obtusiloba is common on the Rohtang Pass, especially on the
Kulu-side
(where the yellow-flowered form is found at about 3600m or so) but this is
NOT part of
Lahaul.   Unless A.obtusiloba is recorded from Lahaul proper it should not
have been within
this flora.

Much the same applies to A.polyanthes (which I have seen on the top of the
pass itself) but
unless this plant has been recorded from Lahaul-proper, it should not have
been within this flora.

I do accept A.rivularis as I have seen it in the lower Miyah Nullah.  Aswal
collected it at Sissu.

I also accept that Aswal found A.rupicola on the Baralacha La - he says
frequent on glacial slopes.
Not that I have seen it on Baralacha myself.

As for what he calls Anemone wallichiana, which Aswal never found himself
but this was collected
in the past by Bor at Kardang, I know this as Pulsatilla wallichiana.

The authors also list 2 doubtful species:

Both of these had been recorded from Lahaul by Chowdhery & Wadwha in 'Flora
of Himachal Pradesh
Analysis' (1984).

*Anemone coronaria var. biflora* - which Stewart listed as A.biflora.   Rau
considered this is confined to
Jammu & Kashmir.  Stewart records this from Pakistan as well.  There is
doubt about how to distinguish
between A.biflora and A.tschernjaewii (which Stewart gave as a synonym for
A.biflora).

*Anemone falconeri* - no specimen of this is in the Dehra Dun herbarium and
was not seen by the authors.
Stewart recorded it as common in forest in Kashmir in early Spring.  Some
include this within Hepatica.


Best Wishes,


Chris Chadwell


81 Parlaunt Road
SLOUGH
SL3 8BE
UK

www.shpa.org.uk







-- 
With regards,
J.M.Garg

'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1>

Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia
<https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/award-for-efloraofindia>.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora,
please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/indiantreepix> (largest in the
world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia
website <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/> (with a species
database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

The whole world uses my Image Resource
<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg> of more than a
thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc.
(arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as
per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

Also author of 'A Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of
India'.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to