From: Sharada Ramadass <sharada.ramad...@gmail.com>
To: indiantreepix@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, April 1, 2010 4:21:28 AM
Subject: [efloraofindia:31280] Fwd: Is this Sedum Morganianum?

Hello,
  I have this plant in our balcony and was trying to find out its name/origin,
etc. After looking around a bit in Google, I came across information (collected
and furnished here) that suggests that this is Burro's tail or Sedum
Morganianum. Please let me know if my identification is correct and if you can
provide more information on this plant.
I am a novice to botany but am interested in identifying and learning about
plants.

Sedum morganianum
Burro's tail/ Donkey’s tail
Date/Time:  16/01/2008,
5.10 pm
Location: Brookefields, Bangalore
Habitat: Urban
Plant Habit: Shrub?
Leaves: Fleshy, succulent.
Inflorescence: Terminal?
Flowers: small pink terminal bunch of flowers
Fruit: Is there any? I have not seen anyOther
information: I see honey bees, butterflies, bumble bees coming for the nectar.
Propagated from leaf/stem cuttings (I got a few of the fleshy leaves from a
friend for my first plant).  I see ours
bloom only once in 2 years (after 2008, it is blooming again now in 2010).
Wikepedia says it is native to South Mexico and Honduras

Thanks and Regards,
Sharada