this is a case study in what NOT TO DO when requesting an ID

First is the Subject line
make it unique

Pictures must be clear.
thoughtful
not something you "snatched " in passing.

Pictures must be FULLY REPRESENTATIVE
showing:
FLOWERS
FRUITS: ripe/unripe etc
IF FLOWERS : FULL INFLORESCENCE

NEXT IS BRANCHING PATTERN
LEAVES: ON THE BRANCH
THEIR ATTACHMENT TO THE BRANCH
ANY SPECIAL FEATURES THERE?

FRONT AND BACK OF LEAVES
preferably parallel to the camera sensor (in old days it was the film plane)
and if one had transmitted light picture to show the veins it would be
better still
then the stem/trunk  bark
and Overall HABIT of the plant or the tree

and its Habitat how many in the community of the plants, esp if in wild.

soil type : dry  desert,  wet clay rocky etc

Usha di

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 6:18 PM, J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Forwarding again for Id assistance please.
> Could not find a match with species available so far in efi at Cinnamomum
> <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/l/lauraceae/cinnamomum>
> .
> Is it really a Cinnamomum
> <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/species/a---l/l/lauraceae/cinnamomum>