Thanks, Bimal ji.
A great effort.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bimal Sar kar <[email protected]>
Date: Tue 11 Sep, 2018, 7:14 AM
Subject: SYMBIOSIS : FLOWER 1/ BUTTERFLY
To:


As you all know I am in the process of documenting butterfly species
visiting different flowers. I am doing it for last 12 years.It all started
on the Chandan tree ( Santalum album ) in our house. I just started taking
images of different species of butterflies visiting the flowers. The album
was increasing in size. I thought I will do the same thing with other
flowers .
So far I have recorded butterfly visitors on 2015 flower species. I don't
consider it to be complete list, as I worked only two hours in the morning.
There has to be more number of butterflies visiting a particular flower
species when I was not around. I don't know why a particular butterfly
species get attracted to particular  flower species.
In the attached list there are 48 plant species with number of butterfly
species visiting those. I have only taken those flowers where number of
visiting species of butterfly are more than 10.
It is interesting to note that flowers like rose, sun flower has not made
the cut.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to