Sauropus androgynus. (L.) Merr..  Common names :   Sweet Leaf Bush, Star
Gooseberry, Multi vitamin plant • Kannada: Chakraani,  Chakramuni
• Malayalam: Madhuracheera, Cucurumanicheera • Tamil: Pallikkarputu,
Thavasi Keerai . Very useful plant for home gardens. The leaves are used as
a medicine for coughs and to soothe the lungs, as a tonic, and as a
febrifugal to relieve internal fever; they are also used as a vegetable.
It does not control diabetes.  The plant is common in Karnataka & other
South Indian states . have grown this in my garden at Mysore.  It is rich
in protein and we use leaves as leafy  vegetable.  I will send the article
in due course.
Dr.Mahadeswara Swamy