I just notcied one strange thing from WFO.
THERE IS NO PARTICIPATING MEMBER FROM INDIA. AMAZZINGGGGG..... AND NO
INDIAN BOTANIC GARDENS OR BSI.
I am so fed up of this European culture. They all will bring their own
friends into the loop and create something repetitive.
OK, just for the sake of checking I thought of looking into this and
randomly first genus to check came into my mind was Gastrochilus. So I
searched for it and it is missing. So I searched for Geodorum. I appears.
Now WFO says 12 species ; KEW CHECKLIST says 7 species; PLANT LIST says 12
species.
I pick up the top name that is, Geodorum appendiculatum. I find much more
information still on the Plant List and Kew Checklist than on WFO. WFO
doesnt even give full author citations. ITS A SHAME.
No one in the world will cite a species name like this, "Geodorum
appendiculatum Griff. Calcutta J. Nat. Hist."
On the bibliography it gives a link which doesnt work.
I understand, I am too fussy, and may be by 2020 they will bring it to
higher standards. But right now, in the current state, I dont recommend
anyone to use WFO.
I see one plus point that there is an option for people to join and so I
highly recommends experts like Gurcharan sir and Ritesh to join this. I am
sure I am skipping names of many other experts. It would give us an upper
hand to correct the taxonomy of things if and when needed.
Thanks and regards
Pankaj