Thank you Garg ji and Dr.Prabhu for resurfacing and identify this shrub.
The plant matches the description. This species can be seen quite commonly
in the high altitude shola-grassland landscape of Nilgiris. I am interested
to know more information on this plant.

--
Muthu Karthick N | Team Leader
+91 96268 33911