Garg sir , This image is very representative of R. parviflora var. muralis
. I have seen and recorded similar specimen in Matheran and Lonavala , but
not in Surat . ( Occasional spikes are seen here with smaller sterile
bracts , but in others they are bigger to much bigger sometimes . )
But there are some more creases to be ironed out .
In IBIS , there is this photograph of original page of Flora of British
India uploaded ... and it was quite thrilling to me to see that page !
Keeping the descriptions on that page in mind we have 4 taxa . . . Rungia
parviflora with usually terminal spikes , sterile bracts non-pointed and
fertile bracts non-hairy , supposed to be rare ,, R. p. var. pectinata
(=R.  pectinata ) with multiple axillary spikes , sterile bracts longer and
with pointed tips , fertile bracts hairy ,, R. p. var. muralis with
'densely packed' spikes , sterile bracts pointed but not longer than
fertiles --there is no mention of spikes axillary or terminal or both -- we
presume both ,, and R. p. var. origanoides with linear leaves , narrower
spikes and orbicular hairy sterile bracts , again not mentioned but we
presume spikes are both axillary and terminal .
Now coming to nomenclature ,
Paper by J R I Wood ... Rungia transferred/merged to Justicia with some new
names coined , and is followed by COL ...
COL 2019 doesn't show all Rungia transferred to Justicia . For the taxa we
are concerned , it has to show . . .

https://www.catalogueoflife.org/col/search/all/key/rungia/fossil/1/match/1/page/4/sort/direction/asc/direction/asc//direction/asc
Rungia muralis ex Nees is an accepted name , Rungia parviflora var. muralis
(Nees) C B Clarke is synonym .
Justicia pectinata L. is accepted name , synonyms are Rungia pectinata (L.)
Ness , Rungia parviflora var. pectinata (L.) C B Cl. , Rungia parviflora
subsp. pectinata (L.) L H Cramer
Justicia parviflora Retz is the accepted name , notable synonyms are Rungia
parviflora (Retz) Nees ,  Rungia origanoides Nees ( and by default Rungia
parviflora var. origanoides in Flora of British India ) ,Rungia parviflora
var. monticola Gamble.
Which names we are going to use ? is the question .