Thanks Ashutosh ji As I wrote earlier with this new interpretation we need to know key differences between I. edgeworthii and I. scabrida to sort our specimens, and confirm (as Shinobu Akiyama and Hideaki Ohba report latter only from type locality Nepal) or negate (if we find I. scabrida in our country) Shinobu Akiyamaand Hideaki Ohba view on distribution of I. scabrida.
Dr. Gurcharan Singh Retired Associate Professor SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018. Mob: 9810359089 https://sing96.wixsite.com/mysite-1 On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 2:12 PM Ashutosh Sharma < [email protected]> wrote: > Again this is surely Impatiens tricornis Lindl. > > Please go through the link for differences between the two > https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/indiantreepix/WxnLeMfx3uU > > Best regards > Ashutosh Sharma > > On Mon 17 Feb, 2020, 10:30 PM Gurcharan Singh, <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Why not I. edgeworthii >> I. tricornis we are following whom? >> Catalogue of life treats it synonym of I. cristata >> World Flora Online and TPL treat it as synonym of I. scabrida >> We have to decide which database to follow, we can't depend on isolated >> papers, especially one talking about only Neal plants. >> For me yellow flowered large flowered forms with bucchiform suddenly >> narrowed lower sepal with short curved spur is I. scabrida, one with >> gradually narrowed lower sepal with long spur as edgeworthii. >> >> >> >> >> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh >> Retired Associate Professor >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007 >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018. >> Mob: 9810359089 >> https://sing96.wixsite.com/mysite-1 >> >> >> On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 2:31 PM J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Impatiens tricornis as per another thread by Ashutosh ji at Renaming >>> Impatiens scabrida DC. page to Impatiens tricornis Lindl. >>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/indiantreepix/BVnbQFpf2Lo> >>> >>> ---------- Forwarded message --------- >>> From: Nidhan Singh <[email protected]> >>> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 at 17:05 >>> Subject: [efloraofindia:131286] VOF Week: Impatiens 2 for id from the >>> trek. >>> To: indiantreepix <[email protected]> >>> >>> >>> Dear All, >>> >>> This was shot from the back trek to Gobind Ghat....hope to get id...is >>> this Impatiens scabrida?... >>> >>> -- >>> Regards, >>> >>> Dr. Nidhan Singh >>> Department of Botany >>> I.B. (PG) College >>> Panipat-132103 Haryana >>> Ph.: 09416371227 >>> >>> -- >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> -- >>> With regards, >>> J.M.Garg >>> >>> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna' >>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1> >>> >>> Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia >>> <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/award-for-efloraofindia>. >>> >>> For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian >>> Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group >>> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/indiantreepix> (largest in the >>> world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or >>> Efloraofindia >>> website <https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/> (with a species >>> database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than >>> 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19). >>> >>> The whole world uses my Image Resource >>> <http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg> of more than a >>> thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. >>> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as >>> per Creative Commons license attached with each image. >>> >>> Also author of 'A Photoguide to the Birds of Kolkata & Common Birds of >>> India'. >>> >> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAHiXKpXtoDSaas6pbmQZEt2qSxNC%2B3Znm1SF_cHXBS%2BRODOsEg%40mail.gmail.com.

