Areca catechu,
Location: Backbay, Churchgate, Mumbai.
Date: 22/06/2010

As a fruit/nut I have seen this as an ingredient in the chewing pan as also
 traditional mouth fresheners which are manufactured using various perfums
and flavors.
Of course alike Coconut; the Supari has a special place in our Indian rites
beginning from that of our arrival (Birth) to this beautiful world.

Never had an opportunity to see the tree, I remember the first tree seen in
Coorg in Karnataka during the trek, I liked its handsome tall look. Ya, till
that time I knew it is a tall tree like coconut! thats all,

was very surprised when I saw the rows of trees behind my office building.
it is growing in the cemented ground & is tall upto second floor of my
office premises,

some colleagues are surprised to see this supari tree..............(hhhhmm
was happy ok m not that bad!!!)

For your Inforamtion please, I found two conversation thread while searching
its botanical name,

http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/ec76e5b97731ccba/e57171e5a0256e4f?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=supari#e57171e5a0256e4f

http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/b8a9217d5b5e3646/c8b4cec84dbfaed6?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=supari#c8b4cec84dbfaed6
Please confirm,
Thanks with Regards,
geeta rane

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Reply via email to