I think you are right. I see a lot many trees of* Morinda pubescens* on
Vetal Tekdi Pune but not a single one of *M.citrifolia*. Thanks for sharing.
I have compiled some differences between the two.
The point about venation of leaves...... I am not able to differentiate in
whatever species I have seen so far.
Dr Phadke

*Morinda citrifolia*

*Morinda pubescens. Syn. Morinda tinctoria var. tomentosa*

Corolla tube densely pilose inside, lobes acute, glabrous;

Leaves glabrous, indistinctly transversely veined.

Bark smooth.

Syncarps of pyrenes turn more yellow; 1-2.5cm winged.

Usually cultivated, grows as an escape

Corolla tube glabrous on either side, lobes obtuse short, hairy in upper
half;

Leaves tomentose or pubescent, distinctly transversely veined

Bark vertically fissured.

Syncarps more septate blackish than yellow; 3cm across, not winged

Common throught in Maharashtra.


On 22 June 2010 21:15, Rashida Atthar <[email protected]> wrote:

> Saw this species of Morinda citrifolia in a private garden in Mumbai with
> only one solitary flower. Last week I had sent Morinda pubescens which can
> be compared. I am sure Tanay ji and Prashant ji will agree that this one is
> also resembling a soccer ball but looks like the one loosing shape after
> thrashing of  7 goals  by the  Portugal team.!!
>
> regards,
> Rashida.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "efloraofindia" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<indiantreepix%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix?hl=en.

Reply via email to