*Amorphophallus commutatus* (Schott) Engl.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2600091802/>
*a-mor-fo-FAL-us* -- without definite form ... Dave's Botanary
<http://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/search.php?search_text=Amorphophallus>
*kom-yoo-TAH-tus* -- changing ... Dave's Botanary
<http://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/search.php?search_text=commutatus>

*commonly known as*: dragon stalk yam, wild yam • *Kannada*: ಕಾಡು
ಸುವರ್ಣಗಡ್ಡೆ kaadu suvarnagadde • *Malayalam*: കാട്ടുചേന kattucena •
*Marathi*: मोगरी कंद mogari kanda, शेवळा shevala • *Tulu*: ಕಾಟ್ಟುಕೇನೆ
kaattukene

*botanical names*: *Amorphophallus commutatus* (Schott) Engl. ... *synonyms*:
*Conophallus commutatus* Schott ... more at GBIF
<https://www.gbif.org/species/2871643>

Bibliography / etymology

~~~~~ ENGLISH ~~~~~
*dragon stalk yam*

   - Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphophallus_commutatus>

*wild yam*

   - Shodhganga

<http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/41951/10/10_chapter%204.pdf>
   - Medicinal plants of Tulunadu

~~~~~ KANNADA ~~~~~
*ಕಾಡು ಸುವರ್ಣಗಡ್ಡೆ kaadu suvarnagadde*

   - Shodhganga

<http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/41951/10/10_chapter%204.pdf>
   - Medicinal plants of Tulunadu

~~~~~ MALAYALAM ~~~~~
*കാട്ടുചേന kattucena*

   - Many thanks to VC Balakrishnan for help with this name ... facebook

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/Malayalamplantnames/242049542659070/?comment_id=242062792657745&notif_t=group_comment>

~~~~~ MARATHI ~~~~~
*मोगरी कंद mogari kanda*

   - Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge

<http://nopr.niscair.res.in/bitstream/123456789/1592/1/IJTK%207%282%29%20311-315.pdf>

   Vol.7(2) April 2008

*शेवळा shevala*

   - The Gazetteer Department ... महाराष्ट्रातील वनस्पतीशास्त्र आणि वनसंपदा

<http://cultural.maharashtra.gov.in/english/gazetteer/Vansampada/PDF/271-546.pdf>

*ಕಾಟ್ಟುಕೇನೆ kaattukene*

   - Shodhganga

<http://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/41951/10/10_chapter%204.pdf>