Yes Nalini ji
I got it but only in vegetative stage, young trees yet to flower. There are
many European plants in Kashmir. I am uploading any way in separate mail.
Many more from Kashmir I will upload after 20th.



On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:06 PM, nabha meghani <[email protected]> wrote:

>  Hallo all,
> Buddleja davidii  ( german name sommerflieder or schmetterlingsstrauch)
> is loved by butterflies, as the name suggests. I have this in my garden,
> not flowering yet.
>
> Professor Singh ji,
> many of the flowers from Kashmir you uploaded, we find in Germany too. I
> wonder if you see *Prunus laurocerasus *in Kashmir.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus_laurocerasus. This Shrub we have on
> the border to our neighbours. It is loved by Admirals, but not when the
> shrub flowers, but in autumn when the the berries grow.
>
> Regards
> Nalini
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Gurcharan Singh <[email protected]>
> *To:* R. Vijayasankar <[email protected]>
> *Cc:* efloraofindia <[email protected]>
> *Sent:* Monday, July 12, 2010 6:56 AM
> *Subject:* Re: [efloraofindia:40986] Buddleja davidii from Kashmir
>
> Vijayasankar ji
> Must be, because a lot of honey bees were hovering on the inflorescence.
>
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
>
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:15 AM, R. Vijayasankar <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Nice pics, Gurcharan ji!
>>
>> I guess this also (we have B. asiatica in our garden at FRLHT) smells like
>> honey.
>>
>> With regards
>>
>> R. Vijayasankar
>>
>>
>>   On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Gurcharan Singh 
>> <[email protected]>wrote:
>>
>>> Buddleja davidii from Kashmir, very commonly grown along outer walls of
>>> compounds in Kashmir.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>>> Retired  Associate Professor
>>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
>


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Reply via email to