Thanks Tabish ji. I will try it.

Padmini ji while documenting "Traditional Agricultural Knowledge for pest
management" I observed use of Garlic for many agricultural pest. I tried it
on Aphids with much success in garden but many times this success is of
short time. Farmers add one and more herbs and use different combinations in
order to fight with pest efficiently, but proportion of Garlic is kept at
higher side. Please see list of some publications on "Traditional
Agricultural Knowledge"

http://www.pankajoudhia.com/publ_2009.pdf

regards

Pankaj Oudhia


On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Tabish <[email protected]> wrote:

> Pankaj ji,
>  I feel the leaves may be used in place of garlic to control garden
> pests. I read somewhere that the leaves are occasionally used in
> cooking in lieu of gralic. Experimenting will be best.
>  - Tabish
>
> On Jul 12, 11:39 am, Pankaj Oudhia <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Mere smell or have some properties to manage Garden pest like real
> Garlic?
> > Just curious.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Pankaj Oudhia
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:46 AM, tanay bose <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> > > This Garlic Vine indeed I hate the smell of this plant seen it couple
> of
> > > times !!
> > > Tanay
> >
> > > On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:04 AM, R. Vijayasankar <
> [email protected]
> > > > wrote:
> >
> > >> Nice pictures Padmini ji!
> >
> > >> It is *Adenocalymma alliaceum* (Bignoniaceae), called as 'Garlic vine'
> > >> cos the leaves emit garlic smell when crushed.
> >
> > >> New name is *Mansoa **alliacea.*
> >
> > >> With regards
> >
> > >> R. Vijayasankar
> >
> > >> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Padmini Raghavan <[email protected]
> >wrote:
> >
> > >>> Blooming in all its glory at Bangalore. ( Adenocalyma allicium--hope
> the
> > >>> spelling is right.)
> > >>> Padmini Raghavan.
> >
> > > --
> > > Tanay Bose
> > > +91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
> > > 9830439691(Mobile)
>

Reply via email to