I do not recall if I ever came across either of the two genera.
However, since the upper leaves are floating, as per "Bengal Plants", it
would be *Potamotgeton indicus* Roxb = *P. nodosus* Poir. -
https://www.gbif.org/occurrence/gallery?taxon_key=5301233

Please, note *Potamogeton* has creeping rootstock, while *Aponogeton* features
tuberous rootstock.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Surajit Koley


On Sat, 1 May 2021 at 18:03, J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:

> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> Halophila- from Paradesi ji
> There are two different plants here.
> One with sinuate margins may be *Potamogeton crispus* L.
> <https://efloraofindia.com/species/m---z/po/potamogetonaceae/potamogeton/potamogeton-crispus>
>
>
> Other may be some Aponogeton
> <https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/06/aponogeton/> species as per
> comparative images herein. - from me
> Please look into this.
> I must say that is only one plant. Part which was above water had such
> strange leafs.
> As I have collected and kept it in a freshwater tank, today I find that
> roots are emerging from that part.
>
> I also attached a image which I captured just after uprooting the plant
> from its habitat.- from Ayan ji
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ---------
> From: Ayan Mukherjee <[email protected]>
> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 at 09:25
> Subject: [efloraofindia:383132] Please help me to identify this aquatic
> plant
> To: E Flora India <[email protected]>
>
>
> Date/Time- 21/04/2021
>
> Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- West Medinipur, West Bengal
>
> Habitat- Wild
>
> Plant Habit- Rooted hydrophyte, with completely submerged leaf
>
> Only a little part was outside the water
>
> Inflorescence Type/ Size- Not found
>
> Is it Potomogeton crispus?
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "efloraofindia" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAGyXmDy8p%2BNaKvWYzxNGrHZqjPuwmhvuCNH%3D%2BgsswosQ_Yigrw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAGyXmDy8p%2BNaKvWYzxNGrHZqjPuwmhvuCNH%3D%2BgsswosQ_Yigrw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAMV_mc14KZS8%2Bxq2EZNmsHNZ_DoPfAny1J-hC_VPOA%2BAXUuTKA%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to