--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Pankaj Kumar <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug, 2021, 4:27 pm
Subject: Re: [itpmods:15850] How much value efloraofindia has created ?
To: J.M. Garg <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected] <[email protected]>


I have no idea sir. Lot is tests, ct scan, X-ray, serum analysis, skin swab
culture are being done and all are coming negative. Even doctors don’t
know!!

On Monday, August 16, 2021, J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Pankaj ji.
> You said so much within so few words.
> You have been an inspiration to so many of us here like many others.
>
> Btw, what happened that you are in a hospital ?
>
>
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 at 16:14, Pankaj Kumar <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> I am writing this on my 7th day of hospital bed and I still don’t know
>> why I am here.
>> Eflora is much more than just a group, a family, a family where I have
>> grown up, a family that shaped me, a family that stood with me in my ups
>> and downs. And then eflora is a database that must have helped millions of
>> scientists and non scientists. I remember those moments when I had chats
>> with Balkar sir for things other than plants, with Dinesh sir about life
>> and behaviour. How can all this be assessed in currency. I have basically
>> met none but a few persons like Balkar sir Nidhan sir, Mayur, and have
>> learnt from them outside this group.
>>
>> The selfless contributions of stalwarts like Garg sir, Gurcharan sir,
>> Dinesh sir and many others and so many others. The relentless uploads of
>> Saroj sir, replies of Surajit. All stood together for the gain of just one
>> thing, “knowledge”. This group is in other words a repository of priceless
>> knowledge. The space is much short to name many and actually all members
>> here so please do not mind, I took only a few. But trust me I remember them
>> all.
>>
>> Although I have been very slow but indeed I can’t help myself from
>> peeking in from time to time. I feel it’s a responsibility of being a
>> trained orchid guy to check and recheck and correct and recorrect my
>> identification. My phd was in Jharkhand with around 80 orchids, but this
>> group helped me learn 800 more and in search of those 800 I learnt 8000
>> more. From Jharkhand to western himalaya to Hong Kong to Laos to whole of
>> Indoburma is my journey which couldn’t have been possible without the
>> excitement that each and every orchid picture posted on this group
>> provided.
>>
>> This group is priceless and so are the members and the database. I might
>> have been very slow in contributing but I am still here till my last day.
>>
>> I need your blessings to grow more, learn more and contribute more, not
>> just to this group but also to the orchid science at global scale.
>>
>> It has been an honour to be a part of this priceless group.
>>
>> Thank you for letting me stay here.
>> Pankaj
>>
>>
>> On Monday, August 16, 2021, J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Prashant ji,
>>> And who can forget our great Plant hunters, who have risked their life
>>> to take photographs where a common man will shudder!!!
>>>
>>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 at 12:50, Prashant Awale <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Well Said Nidhan Ji,   the monetary estimation of this Herculean task
>>>> seems unworkable. From the date of conceptualisation and inception and till
>>>> today, eFI has generated hure data bank. Along with hardcore botanists,
>>>> this group have persons from almost all the field ( engineers, doctors, IT
>>>> professioinals, etc etc..) and almost each one has contributed in some way
>>>> or other to make sure that the small sapling grows to become a huge tree.
>>>> So many new publications we had seen where eFI had played a key role.
>>>> Interaction in this group gives immense satisfaction and provides fuel to
>>>> move on and to explore...
>>>> Thanks Garg Ji and my friends from eFI. It's a wonderful journey...
>>>>
>>>> Presently I  am not able to contribute much due to some personal issues
>>>> at home front, but  it gives a great energy boost whenever I interact with
>>>> the group members.
>>>> Thanks a lot..
>>>> warm regards
>>>> Prashant
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 12:26 PM J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Wah!!! So well expressed, Nidhan ji.
>>>>> We have no doubt that we will have so many Kasaju's, Singh's, Kumar's,
>>>>> Valke's, Raman's, Manoj's ..... in future times to come.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 at 12:20, Nidhan Singh <[email protected]>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> With all salutes to eFI, the monetary estimation of this Herculean
>>>>>> task seems unworkable. The hours, minutes and moments spent in recording
>>>>>> the pics, uploading them, invoking discussions and searching the 
>>>>>> databases,
>>>>>> before reaching to conclusions have all been invaluable.
>>>>>> The complete saga of starting, uprising and establishment (which is
>>>>>> almost here, now) of this treasure of authentic information cannot be
>>>>>> equated in wealth.
>>>>>> The skeleton of raw data, poured in by the esteemed contributors from
>>>>>> practically every part of our country, is properly decorated with flesh 
>>>>>> and
>>>>>> blood in the form of endless efforts by Garg Ji, and all the active 
>>>>>> members
>>>>>> (no naming required), that too without much financial involvement. On the
>>>>>> contrary, if we imagine the creation of such a database without selfless
>>>>>> collaborations, the amount projected by Garg Ji does not look like any
>>>>>> exaggeration.
>>>>>> I am happy to be a part of this family, since 2010-11. At present, I
>>>>>> do not find myself in a position to contribute actively, but quite
>>>>>> hopefully, I may be able to invest some time in keeping myself a part of
>>>>>> this progression. However, I feel content that amidst ups and downs of
>>>>>> life, I was never completely detached from the forum.
>>>>>> Everyone can see that many plants discussed here turned out to be
>>>>>> novelties later on. No doubt, efloraofindia is on the firm footing now, 
>>>>>> and
>>>>>> we can boast of its achievements.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks for reading this..!!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>>> Groups "ITPmods" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>>>>> send an email to [email protected].
>>>>>> To view this discussion on the web, visit
>>>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CAE%3DTH0CM4h5zLaOvAZanfwUdLqd%2B5Jucamt_5z1hMuq0aBpZMg%40mail.gmail.com
>>>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CAE%3DTH0CM4h5zLaOvAZanfwUdLqd%2B5Jucamt_5z1hMuq0aBpZMg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>>>> .
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> With regards,
>>>>> J.M.Garg
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>>> Groups "ITPmods" group.
>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>>> To view this discussion on the web, visit
>>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CA%2BiuSFC8Oo%2BSgS-6rCOUpOZk9N2AFb%3DLCk14L%2BGQD6_XgZRmdw%40mail.gmail.com
>>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CA%2BiuSFC8Oo%2BSgS-6rCOUpOZk9N2AFb%3DLCk14L%2BGQD6_XgZRmdw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>>> .
>>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "ITPmods" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>> To view this discussion on the web, visit
>>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CALFm7wVVFSQzeV3eb0%3DOKcJ_sMVrbdF8z3mZHRM8Fn04_-Xzug%40mail.gmail.com
>>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CALFm7wVVFSQzeV3eb0%3DOKcJ_sMVrbdF8z3mZHRM8Fn04_-Xzug%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>>> .
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> With regards,
>>> J.M.Garg
>>>
>>> --
>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>> Groups "ITPmods" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>> an email to [email protected].
>>> To view this discussion on the web, visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CA%2BiuSFBstQtQfsSLOGP%2B8Unh3sfsBZOYkmnnZr04sKRoM9EG0g%40mail.gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/itpmods/CA%2BiuSFBstQtQfsSLOGP%2B8Unh3sfsBZOYkmnnZr04sKRoM9EG0g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Pankaj Kumar*, Ph.D.
>> *IUCN-SSC Orchid Specialist Group Asia*
>>
>> 32, 2nd Floor, Shui Wo Tsuen, Lam Tsuen,
>>
>> Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong S.A.R., China
>>
>> *email*: [email protected]
>> *Phone*: +852 9436 6251 (mobile)
>>
>>
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
>


-- 

*Pankaj Kumar*, Ph.D.
*IUCN-SSC Orchid Specialist Group Asia*

32, 2nd Floor, Shui Wo Tsuen, Lam Tsuen,

Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong S.A.R., China

*email*: [email protected]
*Phone*: +852 9436 6251 (mobile)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFCcWBuRy-JOtLc%3Dg51Hofa48SLMiGb2-QU8ifcgsbSDjQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to