Thanks Garg ji.
*Barleria prionitis* seems to be easily recognized by lot of members.
It is *Barleria
cuspidata* that poses doubt, and may need dissection to assert OR rule out.
Let me see if I come across any doubtful *B. cuspidata* in coming times. I
will attempt dissecting to check the sepals and style.
I also hope that eFI gets more and more pictures of both these species from
experts, so that it becomes easier to compare with photos. That is, if I am
wanting to avoid the dissecting procedure.

Regards.
Dinesh




On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 3:44 PM J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:

> Yes, really difficult as different sources say different things as per
> details at top at Barleria prionitis
> <https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/09/barleria-prionitis/>
> I think flower dissection is required, if we follow keys in Revision of
> the Genus Barleria (Acanthaceae) in India
> <https://www.researchgate.net/publication/265981818_Revision_of_the_Genus_Barleria_Acanthaceae_in_India>
> :
> Outer sepals with glandular hairs inside; style glabrous……….. *B.
> cuspidata*
> Outer sepals without glandular hairs inside; style hirsute at base.…… *B.
> prionitis*
>
> I have separately sent you the copy of the above publication.
>
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2021 at 19:07, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hello Garg ji, and friends.
>> I have a strong feeling that the first picture (taken at Vaghbil, Thane
>> on December 25, 2006) is *Barleria cuspidata*. Please validate.
>> Regards.
>> Dinesh
>>
>> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 18:14:19 UTC+5:30 Gurcharan Singh wrote:
>>
>>> Dinesh ji
>>> I hope you will help me out in sorting out my B. cuspidata and B.
>>> prionitis. I seem to have both, but knowing the clear cut differences. A
>>> few keys in books don't help much.
>>>
>>> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
>>> Retired  Associate Professor
>>> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
>>> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
>>> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
>>> http://www.gurcharanfamily.com/
>>> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>>>
>>> On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Dinesh Valke <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Acanthaceae Fortnight
>>>> acanthus, or ruellia family
>>>> *Barleria prionitis* L.
>>>> at Vaghbil, Thane on December 25, 2006
>>>>
>>>> [image: Barleria prionitis]
>>>> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F332503272&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzcj27rygvqX708CJEcLkgO0WNZsOQ>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> at Yeoor Hills on November 29, 2009
>>>>
>>>> [image: Kurantakah (Sanskrit: कुरण्टकः)]
>>>> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F4143729794&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdqhVeqggMNhIokR1nis8KX6l2klQ>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> [image: Pivali Koranti (Marathi: पिवळी कोरांटी)]
>>>> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Fdinesh_valke%2F4142976135&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeYtCV2eU3KarXpmNaXQziWNQBf1g>
>>>> Regards.
>>>> Dinesh
>>>>
>>> --
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>>>> Groups "efloraofindia" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>>>> an email to [email protected].
>>>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "efloraofindia" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To view this discussion on the web, visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/e73b164f-421a-4556-b88a-84bc041e278fn%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/e73b164f-421a-4556-b88a-84bc041e278fn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CABSQqC1U0V1iYx9uNu9iiCFRNxDteAK2z%3D9bbxWKfuTKXZj%2BsQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to