*Brachycorythis wightii* Summerh.
[image: Brachycorythis wightii Summerh.]

*brak-ee-ko-RYE-this* -- Greek: *brachy* (short) and *corys* (helmet),
referring to the flower shape ... Dave's Botanary
<http://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/search.php?search_text=Brachycorythis>
*WIGHT-ee-eye* -- named for Robert Wight, Scottish surgeon and botanist in
India ... Dave's Botanary
<http://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/search.php?search_text=wightii>

*commonly known as*: Wight's brachycorythis, Wight's short-helmet orchid

*botanical names*: *Brachycorythis wightii* Summerh. ... *synonyms*:
*Phyllomphax
wightii* (Summerh.) Szlach. ... POWO
<https://dineshvalke.blogspot.com/2021/11/222222222www.plantsoftheworldonline.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:617988-1>
Bibliography / etymology
~~~~~ ENGLISH ~~~~~
*Wight's brachycorythis*

   - The commemorative epithet *wightii* is named in honour of Robert
   Wight, Scottish surgeon and botanist in India
   - or *Wight's brachycoryth orchid* ... Flowering Trees

<https://books.google.co.in/books?id=3I9db7KQEh0C&pg=PA22&lpg=PA22&dq=Brachycorythis+wightii+Malayalam&source=bl&ots=EO_icfMN6I&sig=ACfU3U0j4q0az36onskt8Ic8kLqdDB6lDg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiXz6u4uJr0AhUMVH0KHcVoDccQ6AF6BAgTEAM#v=onepage&q=Brachycorythis%20wightii&f=false>
   by P. K. Valsalakumari

*Wight's short-helmet orchid*

   - Flowers of India

<https://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Wight%27s%20Short-Helmet%20Orchid.html>
   - The genus name *Brachycorythis* in Greek: *brachy* (*short*) and
   *corys* (*helmet*), referring to the flower shape ... Dave's Botanary

<http://davesgarden.com/guides/botanary/search.php?search_text=Brachycorythis>

This species is a rare endemic; distributed in the Indian state of Kerala.
Regional name not known; Hopefully, the local folks will provide it a name
- to justify its beauty and rarity !

Names compiled / updated at
https://dineshvalke.blogspot.com/2021/11/brachycorythis-wightii-summerh.html

Regards.