Janaki ji
Just an update. The species is now correctly known as A. mourorum
I have seen this plant in Delhi mostly in wastelands, with bushes not as
dense as you photographed, may be mostly eradicated because of spiny nature/
cut to be used for various purposes, especially tutties for roof thatches.
The plant however survives being deeply rooted and if left undistubed would
fast regenerate and become gregarious.

Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/