Thanks, Kanhaiya Lal ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

On Wed, 22 Dec, 2021, 8:55 pm Kanhaiya Lal Chaudhary, <
[email protected]> wrote:

> I have some doubts about this being Uncaria sp:
> 1. Does not have curved hooks at the base of leaves
> 2. The infl. is a tight head (here appears lax and diffused on the lower
> side)
>
> However, I do not have any positive suggestions...
> Regards
>
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 11:53 AM J.M. Garg <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>>
>> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>> First, I have never seen any *Uncaria*. Secondly, I think it is
>> difficult to suggest species level ID with this single photograph. More so
>> because efI has a single post so far.
>> Since heads are relatively smaller and leaves seems to be glaucous
>> beneath it maybe *U. sessilifructus* Roxb.
>>
>> Please wait for Ritesh Ji. - from Surajit ji
>>
>> A reply from Samiran Panday ji:
>>
>> "Combretum flagocarpum"
>>
>> Samiran Pandey worked in a remote area of Mizoram.  After seeing the
>> identification I downloaded the Photo.  Samiran is perhaps correct.  I
>> never thought that it could be a Combretum.  I request the photographer to
>> present us images of fruiting material.- from Tapas ji
>>
>> Combretum album ? Or C.wallichii var.flagrocarpum ??- from Sawmliana ji.
>>
>>
>>  I have doubts about this being Combretum
>> <https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/18/combretum/>.
>> To me appears something close to Cordia
>> <https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/19/cordia/>.
>> May I request you to pl. post a high res. image.- from me
>>
>> Pl. check with images at *Ehretia wallichiana* Hook. fil. & Thoms. ex
>> Gamble <https://efloraofindia.com/2019/04/13/ehretia-wallichiana/>- from
>> me
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------- Forwarded message ---------
>> From: M Sawmliana <[email protected]>
>> Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 at 07:55
>> Subject: [efloraofindia:188047] Rubiaceae : Uncaria sp. for ID
>> To: <[email protected]>
>>
>>
>> *Location* : Lengpui, Mizoram. *Altitude* : ca. 400 m. *Date *:
>> 09-05-2014* Habit* : Climbing shrub. *Habitat* : Wild
>>
>> Regards,
>> M.Sawmliana
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "efloraofindia" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to [email protected].
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>>
>>
>> --
>> With regards,
>> J.M.Garg
>>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"efloraofindia" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFCnoxDtEjuiXiO03%3DW%3DKROH8KOG47eiEHuKh7pUNzy1Eg%40mail.gmail.com.

Reply via email to